Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. We have taken additional steps above and beyond the governing recommendations including upgraded sterilization equipment, additional personal protection equipment for our staff, and installing Surgically Clean Air, HEPA and UV light air filtration systems in each room.
Each of our opporatories have been outfitted with a Surgically Clean Air Jade filtration unit. The Jade air filter rotates 400 cubic feet of air/minute in the room. That means the air in the room is being continuously cleaned 25x hr through a UV light and Hepa filter capturing particles down to 0.01 microns in size. To read more about our air filtration units you can go to www.surgicallycleanair.com
In the evenings and between restorative treatments we are fogging the operatories with Hypochlorous Acid (electrolyzed salt, water and vinegar) which has been found to be highly effective at killing bacteria, mold and viruses, including Covid. Hypochlorous Acid is all natural and non toxic to humans and is found to be 100x’s more effective than chlorine bleach. To learn more about hypochlorous acid please visit www.ecoloxtech.com and also read some research about it https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7315945/
Our staff are wearing N-95 or KN-95 level masks and face shields and are taking temperatures daily. We are encouraging staff to stay home and seek medical care if not feeling well or running a temperature. Our surgical gowns are professionally laundered and changed between each patient.
The operatories are wiped with a CDC recommended disinfectant that kills Covid-19. The bathroom and common spaces are disinfected between each patient use as well.
- We have also made changes in our work flow to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some Covid screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- We are requesting that you call on your arrival for your appointment and wait in your car.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- On your arrival, we will review our screening questions again and take your temperature. We will need to reschedule your appointment if your temperature is over 100.0 F. Please keep your car temperature comfortable before coming to have your temperature taken as that can affect our readings.
- At this time, we are requesting any accompanying guests, including parents, caregivers and guardians, remain in the car. This is being done for everyone’s protection and health. We will be happy to make exceptions for children and elderly who need direct care from their guardian during their visit.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at one time.
- PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WEAR your mask while in the office until we are ready to start your procedure.
- At the end of your hygiene appointment we will escort you to the front desk to check out.
- After any restorative work has been done, we will typically process your payment in the room so that you will not need to stop at the front desk when you leave.
Thank you for choosing to be our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and are committed to do everything we need to do to safely continue taking care of you during these challenging times.
Drs. Gottfried, Mann, and Scott and our amazing Team